The BooBee Bus is Back!
To mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October), Prevent Breast Cancer’s ‘BooBee’ bus campaign, is hitting the streets of Manchester from 13th-23rd Oct. In partnership with Stagecoach, Alexander Dennis & Answer Cancer, will be touring the city this week and next.
With a team of our BooBee volunteers & Answer Cancer Champions we are encouraging women and men to come forward and be more ‘breast aware’, sharing information on the signs & symptoms of breast cancer plus the importance of breast screening.
We are at the following locations, so please come along & say hi!
- Wed 14th Oct, 10am-3pm Asda Hulme
- Thurs 15th Oct, 10am-3pm Wythenshawe Town Centre
- Fri 16th Oct, 10am-3pm Longsight Market
- Sun 18th Oct, 11am-3pm, Asda Eastlands
- Mon 19th Oct, 10am-3pm Asda Eastlands
- Tues 20th Oct, 10am-3pm Tesco Gorton
- Wed 21st Oct, 10am-3pm Manchester Fort Retail Park
- Thurs 22nd Oct, 10am-3pm Oldham Town Centre
- Fri 23rd Oct, 10am-3pm Longsight Market
We are thrilled to have the support of Answer Cancer alongside the Breast Screening improvement leads here at the Nightingale Centre.
Answer Cancer Champions work to increase awareness of Breast, Bowel and Cervical screening within communities. Most of the champions recruited to date are from BME communities but are also prioritising other groups that are unlikely to take up screening: people with disabilities, people who live in deprived areas, LGBTQ people and carers.