We use the term ‘cookies’ to refer to all technologies which store and access information on the device that you use to access the Online Services, such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone. For example, we use http cookies, which are small data files (typically made up of numbers and letters) that are downloaded when you access our Services and allow us to recognise your device.
Harmless cookies that are designed to enhance your user experience of this website are stored on your device.
Cookies may tell us whether you have visited the Online Services before or whether you are a new visitor.
There are different types of cookies, for example:
- Cookies served directly by us (‘first party cookies’) and cookies served on our behalf, for example by advertisers and data analytics companies (‘third party cookies’).
- Cookies which endure for different periods of time, including those that only last only as long as your browser is open (referred to as ‘session cookies’). These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognise your device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
Information stored in cookies created by Prevent Breast Cancer are not shared with any third party unless required to do so by law.
The first party cookies used by this website include:
- __utma: Google Analytics cookie that refers to the number of times you have visited our website and the first and the last visit times.
- __utmb and __utmc: Google Analytics cookies that contain timestamps of time you enter and leave our website.
- __utmz: Google Analytics cookie that tracks which search engine you have used to come to this website, which keyword(s) you used to find the website, which link(s) you have clicked on within the website and where you were located when you clicked that link.
- FIRSTINT, uid: This is a First Internet cookie that contains your session ID.
The third party cookies that have been set as a result of browsing this website include:
- com_pool: JustGiving cookie used for balancing load on JustGiving servers.
- PREF: A Google/YouTube cookie that is used to protect you from malware and phishing attacks and maintain language preferences on Google websites.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: YouTube cookie that contains unique ID associated with your preferences on YouTube.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Online Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality the Online Services.
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain cookies or notify you before accepting cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have tried to indicate where this is possible in the table above.
To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, you can review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads” for Android.
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.