1. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) explain the terms and conditions applicable to event booking requests made by you with Prevent Breast Cancer (PBC)
2. These terms and conditions apply to all PBC organised Events (including virtual events). Occasionally, we will have listings for events organised by partners or supporters and these Terms do not apply.
3. “Event” means the event that you are making a booking request for at the time of acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. This agreement will come into force when PBC has accepted your registration to take part in the event.
5. PBC reserves the right not to accept your application for registration, in which case PBC will return your registration entry fee.
6. The purpose of this agreement is:
6.1 to enable you to take part in the event to support PBC; and
6.2 to set out your obligations and PBC’s obligations in relation to the event.
7. Submitting an event booking through our online system does not guarantee you a place at any of our Events. We will issue an automated email confirmation of your booking request. Your place at the Event is not guaranteed until (a) payment of the Registration Fee (if applicable) is received or (b) you receive an email from us confirming your place is booked
8. To be eligible for the event you must:
8.1 complete the registration form and return it to PBC with a registration fee of the set amount stated for the event to PBC. The fee will be non-refundable once the booking is confirmed.
8.2 be over 18 at the time of booking, unless otherwise agreed by PBC.
8.3 If the event, which you are registering for is physically challenging, you need to be satisfied that you are physically capable of doing the event without undue risk to your health or life. We do not conduct health or fitness checks on entrants and the responsibility for your ability to participate in the event is with you as the participant.
8.4 PBC (acting reasonably) is satisfied that your participation in the event is not likely to have a detrimental effect on the morale of the participants as a whole so as to make it likely that other participants will fail to complete the event.
8.5 You acknowledge you are fully responsible for your participation in the event and PBC does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising from the event.
8.6 If the event involves a third-party company, registrants must also agree to their T&Cs set out for the event.
9. If you are selected to take part in the event you will have a direct contract with PBC. All enquiries and requests for information before the event will be handled by PBC.
9.1. You acknowledge that you will be contacted in line with your communication preferences submitted with your registration or as previously recorded via the website , in relation to the specific event you have registered for. This will enable PBC to deliver the necessary administration and communication required to support you to successfully participate in the event.
10. We will use reasonable endeavours to describe event content in the event descriptions on our website accurately, but these are intended only to give an approximate idea of the Event.
11. We reserve the right to amend the programme of the Event or to cancel the event and any booking.
12. It is your responsibility to comply with all instructions given at the Event and to comply with all applicable laws, including health and safety laws and fire regulations.
13. We will do our utmost to accommodate all special dietary requirements. If not already requested, please provide this information via email before the Event.
14. If you have to withdraw prior to the event, you must notify PBC immediately. This means we may be able to re-allocate your place to someone else. Any money raised will be retained as a donation towards PBC’s work. If you wish to refund your donors in this instance, you must ask your individual donors to make a written request to us, as they will be refunded directly.
15. You acknowledge that any photography or film footage taken as part of your participation in the event can be used for promotional and marketing purposes for this specific event and any future PBC events. If you wish to opt out of this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
16. If you choose not to participate in the event, if you are unable or ineligible to take part in the event, or if PBC prevents you from taking part, all sums collected will still be payable to the charity; the registration fee is not refundable.
17. If registered for an event with a minimum sponsorship amount you agree to raise the stated amount, and we reserve the right to withdraw your place if we feel that you have no intention of meeting the target, as by doing so you will be preventing the charity from raising funds. The PBC team will be there every step of the way to offer support.
17.1 If you are taking part in an overseas event we ask that you aim to reach 80% of your fundraising target within 1 month prior to the event date.
18. If registered for an event which requires PBC clothing, the charity reserves the right to donate the item of clothing once you have a reached a minimum of 50% of your fundraising target which outlined on the event registration page.
19. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between PBC, and you relating to the event and supersedes all other prior representations, agreements, or arrangements whether written or oral, express, or implied relating to the event.
20. By completing the online registration form to take part in the event, you agree to be bound by these conditions.