Join your neighbours as we Walk the World.
Walk the World with Prevent Breast Cancer and help us predict and prevent breast cancer for future generations. We may be more physically distanced than ever, but our communities have never been closer.
Our mission is to Prevent Breast Cancer and our aim is to reach 24,901 miles together.
There are no rules, just exercise as much as you can in any way you can, to contribute to our community effort to Walk the World. You can take part anywhere, anyhow at any time. It could be outdoors during your daily exercise routine, on a treadmill or even walking up and down the stairs. Just make sure you stick to the government’s guidelines on social distancing.
If you’d prefer to take part in an activity, then count your steps instead and convert them into miles. Join an online fitness or dance class, listen to a podcast whilst walking on the spot or run solo in the park. Why not get inventive in the garden? Whether it’s #JustYou or the whole family, Grandparents, adults, kids, pets, get them all involved!
You can #StayAtHome whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Why not get together virtually with friends and family? You can use WhatsApp, Houseparty, Zoom or Skype, whatever suits you. Make it a group activity.
We want you to be a part of this momentous challenge. Help us Walk the World for a breast cancer free future.
Distance: Any distance
Fundraising: Any amount
What is a Virtual Sports Challenge?
A Virtual Sports Challenge can be completed anywhere, at any time, by anyone. It is a sporting activity or fitness goal that you set for yourself. You can try running, cycling, walking, swimming, rowing, yoga, pilates, boxercise, the list is endless. It can be done outdoors during your daily exercise allowance or it could even be done from the comfort of your own home.
How do I get started?
All you need to do is:
1) Click the SIGN UP HERE button on our webpage. This will take you to our Walk the World homepage. Now all you need to do is click the ‘Start Fundraising’ button to set up your giving page. Don’t forget to fill in your personal story and why you’re supporting PBC!
2) Set yourself a mileage and fundraising target, it doesn’t need to be exact.
3) Download the ‘Strava’ fitness app on your mobile. JustGiving is integrated with Strava, so you can update us and your supporters with your progress. Update your giving page with your mileage so we can add it to the total! Why not keep a digital diary? If you aren’t tech savvy feel free to email us your mileage instead.
4) Get fundraising!
5) Once you have completed your activities email email@example.com and let us know what you’ve achieved!
What is JustGiving?
We’ve teamed up with JustGiving to bring you an easy to use giving platform, integrated with the leading fitness tracking app – Strava. You can keep your supporters updated and show off your progress to your friends, family and the Prevent Breast Cancer community. The JustGiving homepage has a built-in leader board so that you can see all the top fundraisers. Will your name make it to the top?
Why support for Prevent Breast Cancer?
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer – we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. By taking part in a virtual event for us you’ll be raising money to create a breast cancer-free future.
Sign up and you’ll receive:
- A digital fundraising pack, including a fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other helpful tools to help you to get sponsorship
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- The option to join a WhatsApp group especially for Team Prevent Cancer, so that you can share training tips with fellow participants
About Prevent Breast Cancer
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer.
Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions, please contact us.