No crowds, no fees, no queues, no portaloos, no nerves, no boundaries, no one else. JustYou.
The world has gone virtual and so has Prevent Breast Cancer. Welcome to #JustYou, our brand-new virtual sporting challenge that allows you to #StayAtHome and raise vital funds for Prevent Breast Cancer simultaneously.
You choose your challenge; you choose your fundraising target; just complete your activities between now and the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Anyone can get involved, anywhere at any time. It can take you a day, a week or even a month, it is up to you. Join our mission to Prevent Breast Cancer.
Date: Now – 1st Oct
Distance: Any distance
Fundraising: Any amount
What is a Virtual Sports Challenge?
A Virtual Sports Challenge can be completed anywhere, at any time, by anyone. It is a sporting activity or fitness goal that you set for yourself. You can try running, cycling, walking, swimming, rowing, yoga, pilates, boxercise, the list is endless. It can be done outdoors during your daily exercise allowance or it could even be done from the comfort of your own home.
How do I get started?
All you need to do is:
1) Click the SIGN UP HERE button on our webpage. This will take you to our JustYou homepage. Now all you need to do is click the ‘Start Fundraising’ button to set up your giving page. Don’t forget to fill in your personal story and why you’re supporting PBC!
2) Choose your challenge and your fundraising target
3) Download the ‘Strava’ fitness app on your mobile (if you are doing a distance-based challenge). everydayhero is integrated with Strava, so you can update all your supporters with your progress. Why not keep a digital diary?
4) Get fundraising! There is no minimum sponsorship, but we have some special rewards for those who go the extra mile.
Raise £25: PBC wristband
£50: PBC pin badge
£75: PBC water bottle
£100: PBC cotton t-shirt
£150: Technical running t-shirt (designed by leading sport brand Fat Lad At the Back)
5) Once you have completed your activities email email@example.com and let us know you’ve aced your challenge!
Our supporter Leisha Cronin, took on a 1,000 mile challenge in 2019 and this is what she had to say:
In doing a virtual challenge I was in control of timelines and which challenge I completed. The initial idea of walking 1000 miles in a year seemed massive and I wasn’t sure I’d be able to complete it, but I finished my challenge in October 2019, with over 2 months left on the ‘clock’.
To read more on Leisha’s story, just visit her blog post: https://preventbreastcancer.org.uk/leisha-cronin-1000-miles/
What is everydayhero?
We’ve teamed up with everydayhero to bring you an easy to use giving platform, integrated with the leading fitness tracking app – Strava. You can keep your supporters updated and show off your progress to your friends, family and the Prevent Breast Cancer community. The everydayhero homepage has a built-in leader board so that you can see all the top fundraisers. Will your name make it to the top?
Sign up and you’ll receive:
- A digital fundraising pack, including a fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other helpful tools to help you to get sponsorship
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- The option to join a WhatsApp group especially for Team Prevent Cancer, so that you can share training tips with fellow participants
About Prevent Breast Cancer
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer.
Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions, please contact us.