If you’re part of your university RAG, why not consider getting involved and joining Team Prevent Breast Cancer. You can help by nominating Prevent Breast Cancer as your RAG’s Charity of the Year, or organising fundraising events or challenges.
Working closely with your RAG means that together, we can fund vital research into the prediction and prevention of breast cancer.
Other than our specific aim, we are also a young, fun, vibrant and energetic charity. We don’t dictate, on the contrary, we are there to offer encouragement and support.
We will provide your RAG with the opportunity to be working with a charity that really is at the cutting edge of science as we work towards a future without breast cancer.
THE PERKS OF BEING PART OF TEAM PREVENT BREAST CANCER
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND RECOGNITION
- Every year we take on a student intern for a three-month internship.
- Employability workshops and guides for a career in the Third Sector.
- Your RAG will be listed as a partner on our website.
- We will write to your Vice Chancellor outlining the dedication you’ve shown.
- You will be invited to an exclusive RAG ‘thank you’ evening where you get the chance to meet the Prevent Breast Cancer Team and our researchers, and see first hand how the funds you raise are used.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- HELP ORGANISE AN EVENT WITH YOUR RAG
We would love for you to run your own event to help fundraise for us. From bake sales and pink cocktail events, to pink pub crawls and pyjama parties, whatever you think would work best at your university.
Leeds University RAG supported us in 2017 by organising a Pedal to Prague bike ride. They cycled all the way from Leeds to Prague, organising everything themselves, and raised a staggering £28,000 for Prevent Breast Cancer.
For inspiration on how they managed this, and how they found the experience, you can read their blog post here.
Jailbreak is a hugely successful challenge with RAG societies across the country. The rules are that you have 36 hours to travel as far from your University as possible, without spending a penny of your own money, whilst being sponsored to raise money!
This is such a fun and exciting way to get involved as a RAG, and we’d be here to provide support throughout your planning and the Jailbreak itself.
- SPORT AND CHALLENGE EVENTS
How about donning those trainers, swimming trunks or cycle helmets, and taking on one of our various sporting events. Get sponsored, test your limits, make a difference.
3 Peaks Challenge
- CHARITY COLLECTIONS
Charity collections are a great way to raise both awareness and money for our cause. We can provide you with buckets and Prevent Breast Cancer T-shirts, so you can hit the streets of your local city / town in style!
We are more than happy to apply for street collection permits on behalf of your RAG.
We need your help in shouting about our cause from the rooftops. From the sedate and sophisticated, to the weird, wacky and wonderful, whatever floats your boat, and will help us raise vital funds to make breast cancer a preventable disease.
GUIDANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT
- We have a dedicated fundraising team always willing to offer support and advice.
- Maybe you need some more ideas for your fundraising. If so, please see our website for a full list of fabulous ideas.
- Some events might require paperwork from your local council, or for you to carry out a Risk Assessment. Once again, please contact us for advice.
- How about getting your university or local newspaper to cover your event/challenge? Be proud and loud.
- Shout it from the rooftops and splash it all over your favourite social media websites. Make sure to tag us so that we can see what you’re up to.
- We can provide you with Prevent Breast Cancer literature, either by post or email. We can also talk you through setting up an online donations page. We can also provide you with buckets, collection boxes and t-shirts, plus so much more.
Any questions, please do get in touch.
For more information on how your RAG can work with Prevent Breast Cancer please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the team direct on 0161 291 4400.