This year, we are giving you the opportunity to be part of Team Prevent Breast Cancer.
Working closely with your RAG means that together, we can fund vital research into the prediction and prevention of breast cancer.
Other than our specific aim, we are also a young, vibrant and energetic charity, who is forward thinking and fun. We don’t dictate, on the contrary, we are there to offer encouragement and support.
Now is also a very exciting time for Manchester as we are currently the European City of Science 2016 and Manchester itself is at the forefront of research into the prevention of breast cancer.
We will therefore provide your students with the opportunity to be working with a charity that really is at the cutting edge of science as we work towards a future without breast cancer.
THE PERKS OF BEING PART OF TEAM PREVENT BREAST CANCER
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND RECOGNITION
- Every year we take on a student intern for a three-month internship.
- Employability workshops and guides for a career in the Third Sector.
- Your RAG will be listed as a partner on our website.
- We will write to your Vice Chancellor outlining the dedication you’ve shown.
- You will be invited to an exclusive RAG ‘thank you’ evening where you get the chance to meet the Prevent Breast Cancer Team and our researchers, and see first hand how the funds you raise are used.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- HELP ORGANISE AN EVENT WITH YOUR RAG
We would love for you to run your own event to help fundraise for us. From bake sales and pink cocktail events, to pink pub crawls and pyjama parties, whatever you think would work best at your university.
- SPORT AND CHALLENGE EVENTS
How about donning those trainers, swimming trunks or cycle helmets, and taking on one of our various sporting events. Get sponsored, test your limits, make a difference.
The Paris Roubaix Challenge
- CHARITY COLLECTIONS
2016 marks the 20th anniversary of our charity, and in celebration, we will be holding a selection of raids and collections. It’s a great day out with other universities and companies from across the country coming together to support Prevent Breast Cancer.
Perhaps you might even want to plan your own collection in your town or city on our behalf. If so, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are more than happy to apply for street collection permits on behalf of your RAG.
We already feel as though we make a real difference, but we need your help in shouting it from the rooftops. From the sedate and sophisticated, to the weird, wacky and wonderful, whatever floats your boat, and will help us raise vital funds to make breast cancer a preventable disease.
GUIDANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT
- We have a dedicated fundraising team always willing to offer support and advice.
- Maybe you need some more ideas for your fundraising. If so, please see our website for a full list of fabulous ideas.
- Some events might require paperwork from your local council, or for you to carry out a Risk Assessment. Once again, please contact us for advice.
- How about getting your university or local newspaper to cover your event/challenge? Be proud and loud.
- Shout it from the rooftops and splash it all over your favourite social media websites. Make sure to tag us so that we can see what you’re up to.
- We can provide you with Prevent Breast Cancer literature, either by post or email. We can also talk you through setting up an online donations page. We can also provide you with buckets, collection boxes and t-shirts, plus so much more.
Any questions, please do get in touch.
For more information on how your RAG can work with Prevent Breast Cancer please feel free to email us at email@example.com, or call the team direct on 0161 291 4400.