Join the nation as we take on The 2.6 Challenge in support of Prevent Breast Cancer.
SIGN UP HERE
The 2.6 Challenge has been created by the collaboration of the UK’s mass participation event organisers. Their aim: to save the UK’s charities.
It will begin on Sunday 26th April 2020, which was the original date of the now postponed London Marathon. The Marathon, which is 26.2 miles in length, is the inspiration!
We want you to get involved to create a challenge based around the numbers 26 or 2.6 and raise vital funds for Prevent Breast Cancer. There are a million and one ways to get involved and it can either be distance or activities based. Why not work it into your daily exercise routine? Whether you want to run 2.6 or 26 miles, do 26 minutes of yoga, juggling for 26 minutes, 26 keepie-uppies, 26 press-ups with your dog on your back or bench-pressing 26 kilos with your grandchildren, we want your help to save the UK’s charities.
And don’t worry if you’re not able to get out your house or flat for now – you can do your 2.6 challenge anywhere inside too! There are no rules, apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time. Whatever you can do, you can be a part of it – the main thing is to get active, have fun and pledge whatever you can to help Prevent Breast Cancer.
Date: 26 April
Distance: 2.6/ 26
Fundraising: Any amount
What is a Virtual Sports Challenge?
A Virtual Sports Challenge can be completed anywhere, at any time, by anyone. It is a sporting activity or fitness goal that you set for yourself. You can try running, cycling, walking, swimming, rowing, yoga, pilates, boxercise, the list is endless. It can be done outdoors during your daily exercise allowance or it could even be done from the comfort of your own home.
How do I get started?
All you need to do is:
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge
- Click the SIGN UP HERE button on our webpage. This will take you to The 2.6 Challenge page where you can either set up a fundraising page for Prevent Breast Cancer or donate £26 – or whatever you can afford
- Then it’s time to get fundraising – ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge and email email@example.com let us know
- Why not share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and tag Prevent Breast Cancer?
Sign up and you’ll receive:
- A digital fundraising pack, including a fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other helpful tools to help you to get sponsorship
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- The option to join a WhatsApp group especially for Team Prevent Cancer, so that you can share training tips with fellow participants
About Prevent Breast Cancer
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer.
Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions, please contact us.