Join Team Prevent Breast Cancer in 2018 for a new and exciting cycle challenge… Salzburg to Vienna!
Cycle approximately 270 miles on this truly wonderful, and most picturesque cycle challenge from charming Salzburg to elegant Vienna. Join us as we encounter the mighty Danube for most of this journey as we make our way to the Austrian capital.
Date: 24th to 29th September 2018
Distance: 270 miles
Cost: £70 non-refundable registration fee (minimum sponsorship target of £1700, £850 of which must be raised no less than 8 weeks prior to the event)
Sign up and you’ll receive:
- A Prevent Breast Cancer cycling jersey
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- Regular training rides
- The option to join a Whatsapp group exclusively for Team Prevent Breast Cancer cyclists – this is a great way to meet your fellow cyclists and share training tips
Day 1 – Arrive in Salzburg
Day 2 – Salzburg to Passau ( approx 72 miles)
Day 3 – Passau to Linz (approx 64 miles)
Day 4 – Linz to Emmersdorf (approx 63 miles)
Day 5 – Emmersdorf to Vienna (approx 75 miles)
Day 6 – Depart
- Transportation service for bikes from UK to Salzburg for the start of the ride and from Vienna back to the UK at the end of the event. Participants are responsible for their own travel to Salzburg for the start of the event and from Vienna at the end of the Event.
- Accommodation and transportation of luggage, from the start of the event on 24th – 28th September
- 3 meals per day and 2 water stops for each day of riding, from breakfast on 25th Sept until breakfast on 29th Sept 2018.
- Full trip support including mechanics, first aid, drivers and full route support
- Water stops
- Crew members for the duration of the ride both cycling with participants and in vehicles.
What’s not included?
- Flights and transfers, both inbound and outbound. Participants are responsible for their own travel to Salzburg for the start of the event and from Vienna at the end of the Event.
- A bicycle
- Evening meal on the first arrival day, 24th Sept, as cyclist will be arriving at different times during the day
- Personal travel insurance
- Drinks, personal items or entry to any optional tourist sites you may wish to visit.
For full details of this event, and for FAQ’s download our Salzburg to Vienna 2018 brochure.
This event is run by Chapeau Events, an experienced bike events company.
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer – we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. Unlike many cancer charities, we’re focused on preventing, rather than curing. Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us