This year, cycle for charity from London to Cambridge as part of Pedal4Cancer. This is a brand new event for Prevent Breast Cancer!
Pedal4Cancer is a cycling event designed to raise money for multiple cancer charities. It will be a fun filled event for all the family… it’s not a race! There is full support along the way, including medical and mechanical back up. You’ll also find regular break stops available throughout the ride, where you’ll find snacks, water and toilets.
This challenge is open to anyone 14 and over. If you’re new to cycling, fancy a challenge or just want to get fit come and be a part of it. Get your friends, family or colleagues together and cycle for charity for a day to remember.
Date: 16th September 2018
Distance: 60 miles
£39 (if you register before 28th February)
£45 (if you register between 1st March and 30th April)
£50 (if you register between 1st May and 31st August)
We ask that you pledge to raise a minimum of £175 for Prevent Breast Cancer.
Sign up today and you’ll receive:
- A Prevent Breast Cancer cycling jersey (we ask for a donation to cover the cost)
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- The option to join a Whatsapp group exclusively for Team Prevent Breast Cancer cyclists – this is a great way to meet your fellow runners and share training tips
ON THE DAY
- We will be starting at the iconic Lee Valley VeloPark, within the Olympic Park.
- Choose a Start Wave when you register. The first Start Wave will be at 8.30am
- If you’re signing up with friends, remember to choose the same Start Wave.
- The nearest stations are Stratford and Stratford International.
- There is ample parking nearby.
SUPPORT WHILST CYCLING
- This is a fully supported ride and it is not a race. Cycle at your own pace with friends and family!
- The route is fully signed so no need to map read. GPS coordinates will be released for anyone who would like them.
- There will be medics, mechanics and bike guides there to help as needed.
- Regular break stops with food, water and toilets are provided.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of cycling together for one cause!
AT THE FINISH
- Cycle in to the Finish Village to a cheer!
- Meet us and your fellow riders in the Charity Area.
- Receive a medal as you come over the finish line!
- Food and entertainment available for all the family.
This event is run by Classic Challenge, a leading provider in charity challenge events for over 25 years.
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer – we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. Unlike many cancer charities, we’re focused on preventing, rather than curing. Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions, please contact us.