HELP US PAINT ALTRINCHAM PINK IN MARCH
Loads of local bars, restaurants, shops, schools and businesses have already signed up, and there will be special PINK offers happening all over town. This page will be updated regularly as new events, offers and supporters are confirmed.
- With help from Neil Barrett Photography, we’re holding a PINK PIRATE PRINCESS PUPPY PANDA PARTY at the Altrincham FC Community Hall on Sunday 18th March, from 3-5pm. Featuring Tumble Tots, Georgia’s Reptile Ark, a fancy dress competition, children’s games, a raffle and tombola, refreshments and more! For tickets click here.
- Two women share their ‘breast stories’ in the inspiring play TIT’S UP at Gran T’s Coffee House, 7-9pm on Monday 12th March, which promises to make you laugh out loud, cry and reflect. Tickets are £10 and include a glass of fizz on arrival. Profits will be split between Prevent Breast Cancer and FACT (Fit After Cancer Treatment). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your ticket.
- On Wednesday 14th of March make sure to join South Manchester Business Association for a Pink Networking event upstairs at Con Club. Everyone is welcome – get your tickets here.
- We are collecting at the match between MANCHESTER STORM and Nottingham Panthers at Silver Blades Ice Rink, and helping with the ceremonial puck drop, on Sunday 18th March. Prevent Breast Cancer merchandise will be sold in the shop during the week and Lady Storm, the wives and girlfriends of the team, will also be holding a bake sale.
- A MASCOT supporting Prevent Breast Cancer will be walking the team on the pitch during the Altrincham FC match against Workington on Tuesday 13th March and we will have a bucket collection and stand.
- Our team of staff and volunteers are doing a BAG PACK at Waitrose on Friday 16th March.
- On Saturday 17th March we are holding a collection in ASDA with help from the Greater Manchester Police Cadets.
- We will have a STALL at Altrincham Market on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th March. We will have information, a raffle and a choir for entertainment.
- Timperley Sports Club are having a SOCIAL on Saturday 17th March with fundraising games. Training sessions at the club will also become PINK for the week.
- On Saturday 17th March the Altrincham Finches Girls U15s will be wearing pink for their FOOTBALL MATCH against the Golbourne Gladiators.
Special products, offers and activities
Some businesses are doing something extra special for the week, including special themed products, offers for customers and fun office activities to raise money for the cause. See below for the current list and don’t forget to keep checking back for new additions!
- Keep an eye out for a large BANNER and decorations displayed Alan Stevenson Partnership building on Victoria Street.
- Altrincham Grammar School for Boys are having a PINK WEEK, with a pink non-uniform day, form collections, a sports challenge on 14th March and officially turning their website pink for the week.
- Altrincham Grammar School for Girls are having a PINK DAY on Thursday 16th March when they are changing their website pink, having a cake sale, allowing the students to wear pink socks and ties (for a donation!) and competing against Altrincham Grammar School for Boys in their sports challenge.
- There will be PINK COCKTAILS on sale at Bar in The Village and proceeds will be donated to the charity.
- There will be PINK CAKES available throughout the week at Blanchflower with money donated to Prevent Breast Cancer.
- Beauty company BrightNewMe are getting in the pink spirit by holding a RAFFLE, AUCTION and BAKE SALE as well as wearing pink gear and decorating.
- For any PINK ITEMS sold at Bumkins Designer Kids during the week, the company will donate 5% of the takings.
- Costello’s Bar are selling RASPBERRY NIPPLE beer for the whole week with proceeds going to the charity.
- Why not PAINT YOUR PINKY PINK at CUTEicles Nail and Tanning Spa?
- Dawsons music shop are selling PINK UKULELES at 10% off throughout the week.
- We can’t wait to taste the healthy PINK PANTHER SMOOTHIE for sale at EAT:kaizen with coconut milk, strawberries, acai, banana, mint and black pepper. All of the proceeds will be donated to the charity.
- Try a delicious specialty PINK CAKE at Gran T’s Coffee House.
- The staff at Haworth Holt Bell are having a pink DRESS DOWN DAY and holding a BAKE SALE.
- JAW Digital Ltd. are decorating their offices and their website PINK for the week and collecting donations through a range of fundraising activities.
- Luxe Beauty and Wellness are holding a RAFFLE for the cause.
- There will be a collection and BAKE SALE at North Cestrian School during the week.
- Look out for a specialty BRIGHT PINK DISH at Porta Tapas Altrincham on sale throughout the week.
- Try out some CANCER FIGHTING SPECIALS on the board this month at Oxford Road Cafe. The cafe will donate 50p for each special item sold.
- Riddles Bar will be offering a selection of special PINK COCKTAILS, with £2.00 donated from each one sold.
- Look out for the PINK DRINKS at The Old Roebuck as Prevent Breast Cancer will get £1 from every sold!
- Santander Altrincham are holding a PINK BAKE SALE by teaming up with Hills Bakery in Hale. Pop into the branch between Friday 16th – Saturday 17th to buy a delicious cake for £1, all proceeds to the charity. They are also painting customers’ fingernails pink with help from Bloom Wellness and Beauty on Monday and Wednesday!
- Make sure to visit Sugar Junction to get 10% off their AFTERNOON TEA or try a pink COCKTAIL.
- Visit the stall of image consultant Susan Styles You at Altrincham Market – SWANK – and get a COLOUR CONSULTATION. Why not find out how to wear your best pink?
- An exciting new pink BEETROOT LATTE will be served at Two Brothers Coffee.
- Vintage Angel Design will be decorating their shop window pink and DONATING a portion of their takings for the week to Prevent Breast Cancer.
- On Saturday 17th March, Vintage Therapies will be offering a full day of TREATMENTS and donating all of their takings to the charity! Alex from The Reiki Collective will be there to help, offering energy healing and card reading.
Other businesses showing their support for the cause are:
- Lloyds Bank
If you have an idea of how you would like to take part, scroll down to learn how.
HOW CAN YOU TAKE PART?
There are so many ways to take part including :
- Turn your office/shop/restaurant PINK for the week.
- Turn one of your products PINK e.g a special PINK cocktails
- Hold a PINK raffle or PINK cake sale.
- Hold a PINK pub crawl, or a special charity quiz.
If you are a local business and would like more information or to take part, please contact Prevent Breast Cancer on 0161 291 4400 or email email@example.com.
Prevent Breast Cancer can provide leaflets, collection boxes, branded merchandise, balloons, t-shirts, plus so much more.
Paint Altrincham Pink is a fabulous opportunity for the businesses of Altrincham to grab some attention as a community, by creating fun PINK themed activities, which will raise funds towards a future without breast cancer.