HELP US PAINT ALTRINCHAM PINK IN MARCH
Loads of local bars, restaurants, shops, schools and businesses have already signed up, and there will be special PINK offers happening all over town. This page will be updated regularly as new events, offers and supporters are confirmed.
- The Con Club are holding a PINK NIGHT OUT with pink cocktails, sushi and canapés on Thursday 15th March. Get your tickets here.
- With help from Neil Barrett Photography, we’re holding a PINK PIRATE PRINCESS PUPPY PANDA PARTY at the Altrincham FC Community Hall on Sunday 18th March, from 3-5pm. Featuring Tumble Tots, Georgia’s Reptile Ark, a fancy dress competition, children’s games, a raffle and tombola, refreshments and more! For tickets click here.
- Altrincham Grammar School for Boys are having a PINK WEEK, with a pink non-uniform day, form collections, a sports challenge and officially turning their website pink for the week.
- We are collecting at the match between MANCHESTER STORM and Nottingham Panthers at Silver Blades Ice Rink, and helping with the ceremonial puck drop, on Sunday 18th March. Prevent Breast Cancer merchandise will be sold in the shop during the week and Lady Storm, the wives and girlfriends of the team, will also be holding a bake sale.
- A MASCOT supporting Prevent Breast Cancer will be walking the team on the pitch for the Altrincham FC match against Workingon on Tuesday 13th March and we will have a bucket collection and stand.
- Our team of staff and volunteers are doing a BAG PACK at Waitrose on Friday 16th March.
- On Saturday 17th March we are holding a collection in ASDA with help from the Greater Manchester Police Cadets.
- We will have a STALL at Altrincham Market on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th March. Entertainment and activities to be announced shortly!
- Timperley Sports Club are having a SOCIAL on Saturday 17th March with fundraising games. Training sessions at the club will also become PINK for the week.
Special products, offers and activities
Some businesses are doing something extra special for the week, including special themed products, offers for customers and fun office activities to raise money for the cause. See below for the current list and don’t forget to keep checking back for new additions!
- Costello’s Bar are selling RASPBERRY NIPPLE beer for the whole week with proceeds going to the charity.
- CUTEicles Nail and Tanning Spa are inviting you to PAINT YOUR PINKY PINK.
- Dawsons music shop are selling PINK UKULELES at 10% off throughout the week.
- We can’t wait to taste the healthy PINK PANTHER SMOOTHIE for sale at EAT:kaizen with coconut milk, strawberries, acai, banana, mint and black pepper. All of the proceeds will be donated to the charity.
- Try a delicious specialty PINK CAKE at Gran T’s Coffee House.
- The staff at Haworth Holt Bell are having a pink DRESS DOWN DAY and holding a BAKE SALE.
- Look out for a specialty BRIGHT PINK DISH at Porta Tapas Altrincham on sale throughout the week.
- Make sure to visit Sugar Junction to have an amazing pink AFTERNOON TEA or a pink COCKTAIL.
- On Wednesday 14th March, South Manchester Business Association are holding a NETWORKING EVENT at Con Club and inviting attendees to dress in pink.
- An exciting new pink BEETROOT LATTE will be served at Two Brothers Coffee.
- Vintage Angel Design will be decorating their shop window pink and DONATING a portion of their takings for the week to Prevent Breast Cancer.
- On Saturday 17th March, Vintage Therapies will be offering a full day of TREATMENTS and donating a portion of profits. Alex from The Reiki Collective will be there to help, offering energy healing and card reading.
Other businesses showing their support for the cause are:
If you have an idea of how you would like to take part, scroll down to learn how.
HOW CAN YOU TAKE PART?
There are so many ways to take part including :
- Turn your office/shop/restaurant PINK for the week.
- Turn one of your products PINK e.g a special PINK cocktails
- Hold a PINK raffle or PINK cake sale.
- Hold a PINK pub crawl, or a special charity quiz.
If you are a local business and would like more information or to take part, please contact Prevent Breast Cancer on 0161 291 4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prevent Breast Cancer can provide leaflets, collection boxes, branded merchandise, balloons, t-shirts, plus so much more.
Paint Altrincham Pink is a fabulous opportunity for the businesses of Altrincham to grab some attention as a community, by creating fun PINK themed activities, which will raise funds towards a future without breast cancer.