Cycling from London to Paris is by far one of the best bike rides in Europe, so why not cycle for charity and join Team Prevent Breast Cancer for a truly inspirational experience.
Starting in London, this 4 day route takes us through some glorious undulating countryside on route to the ferry from Dover to Calais. Once ‘French side’, we cycle along quiet country lanes, through traditional market towns with views of the rolling green hills of Northern France. Get ready for a fantastic ride – the tarmac in France is superb, and cycling is the nation’s favourite sport, so don’t be surprised if the locals cheer you on!
Date: 20th – 24th August 2019
Cost: £100 non-refundable registration fee / Minimum sponsorship of £1,500 (£750 of which must be raised no later than 8 weeks before the event start date)
Sign up and you’ll receive:
- A Prevent Breast Cancer cycling jersey
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- The option to join a Whatsapp group exclusively for Team Prevent Breast Cancer cyclists – this is a great way to meet your fellow cyclists and share training tips
Day 1: London to Calais (approximately 138 km)
Day 2: Calais to Arras (approximately 135 km)
Day 3: Arras to Compiegne (approximately 126 km)
Day 4: Compiegne to Paris (Approximately 105 km)
Day 5: Departure Day
- Bike transport to London for the start, and from Parish at the finish (if required)
- All accommodation (with the exception of the night before the event start)
- All meals, from lunch on day one to breakfast on the final day
- Water and snack stops each day
- Transport of luggage between hotels for the duration of the trip
- Full trip support including mechanics, first aid, drivers and full route support
- Celebration meal in Paris at the end of your ride
What’s not included?
- Personal transport to route start in London and from route finish in Paris
- A bicycle
- Personal travel insurance
- Drinks, personal items or cost of any optional tourist activities
This event is run by Chapeau Events, an experienced bike events company.
Click here to read how the 2016 cycling team found the challenge.
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer – we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. Unlike many cancer charities, we’re focused on preventing, rather than curing. Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.