The UK breast screening workforce is currently facing serious challenges which is why we have launched a capital campaign for the National Breast Imaging Academy (NBIA).
This purpose-built training facility will…
- offer excellent workforce training facilities
- enable an extra 13,000 patients to be seen each year
- offer additional capacity for research into breast cancer diagnosis and treatment, and much more
By representing Prevent Breast Cancer at this event, you will be helping us create a future free from breast cancer.
- A tailored London Marathon fundraising pack, including a handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other helpful tools to help you to get sponsorship
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- A free Prevent Breast Cancer running vest or t-shirt once you’ve hit 50% of your fundraising target
- The option to join a WhatsApp group especially for Team Prevent Breast Cancer so that you can share training tips with fellow runner
The registration fee per participant is £100 and it goes towards the cost we have had to pay to secure places.
Post application, we will set up telephone calls with each participant to get a better understanding of their motives for applying to run for our charity, and how they plan to raise a minimum of £2,500. As the charity has had to pay for these places, it is vital that the places are offered to those who have a close affinity with us, and who we feel will be able to reach the minimum sponsorship amount to help us continue with our work.
Whilst no strict deadline is set, we actively encourage our participants to have reached a minimum of 80% of their target one month prior to the start date. This then allows the participant to focus on the final stages of their training and secure the remaining funds of their total on the build up to the day of the event, and afterwards.
You will have access to one of our fundraisers who will be with you every step along the way to provide support and assistance. We can provide fundraising packs and an A-Z of fundraising ideas to help you reach your fundraising goal. We can provide information on our work to help you tell your friends and family about us and why you have chosen to support our charity. We also set up regular virtual meetings and a WhatsApp group for you to get to know your Prevent Breast Cancer point of contact, and fellow runners.