Join Team Prevent Breast Cancer for the adventure of a lifetime, and trek one of the wonders of the world… the Great Wall of China!
This trek takes you to a remote section of the Great Wall of China, from Gubeikou to Simatai.
Not only will you trek on the wall itself, meticulously built and restored over thousands of years, but you will also have the opportunity to trek through wild and remote landscapes with distant views of green rolling hills, mountain peaks and with one of the great wonders of the world as the backdrop. Staying in guesthouses throughout the trek allows you to gain an understanding of the ‘real China’ as you discover more about lifestyle of the local people and also taste some incredible local cuisine.
You will be accompanied by local English-speaking guides who have an excellent knowledge of trekking in the region. The guides are first aid trained and will support you throughout your journey. You will also be supported by an excellent team of assistant staff, cooks and drivers and a Different Travel Company UK tour manager.
Date: 21st-29th Sept 2019
Sponsorship:£295 non-refundable registration fee / Minimum fundraising target of £3400 (£1700 of which must be raised / paid no later than 29th June 2019)
Self-funding: £295 non-refundable registration fee / Balance of £1700 to be paid no later than 29th June 2019. No minimum sponsorship target, however we ask that you commit to raise as much as possible for Prevent Breast Cancer
Sign up and you’ll receive:
- A Prevent Breast Cancer T-shirt or running top (we ask for a small donation to cover the cost of this)
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- The option to join a Whatsapp group exclusively for Team Prevent Breast Cancer Great Wall of China trekkers – this is a great way to meet your fellow trekkers and share training tips
Registration is via Different Travel, the events company managing the trek. To register please:
- Download and complete the booking form
- Return the form to Different Travel Company
- Pay your non-refundable registration fee by BACS or cheque, direct to Different Travel
Day 1 (Sat 21st Sep) – London to Beijing
Depart on an overnight flight to Beijing.
N.B. If flights are required from a different departure city to London, please let Different Travel know when booking, and they will advise on alternative departure airports.
Day 2 (Sun 22nd Sep) – Beijing
Arrive in Beijing and check into the hotel in time for a group dinner and a briefing on the week ahead
Day 3 (Mon 23rd Sep) – Beijing to Gubeikou
Bus transfer to the Great Wall (approx 3 hours) / Trekking time approx 3-4 hours
Day 4 (Tues 24th Sep) – Gubeikou
Trekking time approx 7 hours
Day 5 (Weds 25th Sep) – Gubeikou to Jinshanling
Trekking time approx 6-7 hours
Day 6 (Thurs 26th Sep) – Jinshanling to Simatai
Trekking time approx 7-8 hours
Day 7 (Fri 27th Sep) – Simatai to Beijing
Trekking time approx 4-5 hours
Day 8 (Sat 28th Sep) – Beijing
Today you will have guided visits to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square before some free time and a special farewell dinner tonight.
Day 9 (Sun 29th Sep) – Beijing to London (or chosen UK departure city)
Transfer to the airport for the return flight. Depending on flight schedules you may arrive back in the UK on Monday 30th September.
- Return flights from the UK
- Airport taxes and charges
- Local transfers and transport in China
- 3* hotels, guest houses on the trek
- English-speaking local guides
- Different Travel UK tour manager
- All meals as per itinerary
- Trek permits
What’s not included?
- Any necessary vaccinations
- Travel insurance
- China visa
- Spending money (tips, drinks, souvenirs)
- Transport to/from UK airports
- Personal trek kit
For full details of the event, please download our Great Wall of China Trek brochure
This event is run by The Different Travel Company, an experienced adventure travel company.
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer – we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. Unlike many cancer charities, we’re focused on preventing, rather than curing. Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.