Join Team Prevent Breast Cancer for one of the most famous treks in the world… Everest Base Camp!
Join us for the trek of a lifetime tackling the base camp of Mount Everest – the highest mountain in the world! Are you ready to climb over 5,554m?!
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you will be greeted by the wonderful hustle and bustle, sights and smells of this vibrant capital. We then make an early departure to the famous Lukla airstrip where our journey into the heart of Nepal begins.
You will find yourself immersed in the wonders of this beautiful country, with its idyllic blue roofed houses, colourful prayer flags, fragrant rhododendrons, friendly Sherpa life and breath-taking scenery. We trek through the prosperous Sherpa capital, Namche Bazaar and many other delightful Sherpa villages, including Thyangboche with its impressive temple and the quieter farming village of Dingboche. At many points along this route you will stand in awe amidst breath-taking mountain views of one of the most beautiful peaks in the world; AmaDablam, leading to the towering faces of Mount Everest itself.
We arrive at Everest Base Camp and finally complete our impressive journey with an ascent of the magnificent peak of Kala Patar at 5554m. Your dreams will be fulfilled as you are rewarded with an awesome 360 degree panorama of spectacular 8000m peaks; each one framing the world’s highest mountain.
A fully qualified UK leader will accompany you on your trek. He/she will be assisted by an experienced Nepali leader.
9th-26th Nov 2019 (UK to UK)
There are two ways in which the cost of this trip can be covered. You can either decide to fundraise your trip through sponsorship or self-fund your trip.
With both options we’d like you to raise as much as you can to contribute funds to the incredible research done by Prevent Breast Cancer. Although this trip will be a momentous 18 days for all involved it must also be remembered that its purpose is to raise vital funds.
The cost of the trip is £1,645 (including deposit).The payment to Adventure Peaks will be in 3 instalments as follows:
- £400 non-refundable deposit payable immediately to Adventure Peaks
- £400 payment on 9th June 2019
- £845 payment of final balance on 31st August 2019
We recommend that you then set yourself a minimum fundraising target of £1,255 to be raised by 30th November 2019.
For those fundraising, the trip total is £2,900 (including a deposit of £400). This is broken down as follows:
- £400 non-refundable deposit payable immediately to Adventure Peaks to secure your booking
- To have raised £400 by 31st May 2019 – we will be invoiced by Adventure Peaks
- To have raised £845 by the 1st August 2019 – will be invoiced by Adventure Peaks.
- To have raised a minimum of £1,255 extra by 30th November 2019.
We are encouraging all trekkers to set up a page through Virgin Money Giving, which is linked to our Everest Campaign page https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/displayCharityCampaignPage.action?charityCampaignUrl=everestbasecamptrek.
Flights cost approximately £750. You can select a flight inclusive trip (ATOL protected) with Adventure Peaks when you pay your initial deposit. Alternatively, you are welcome to book independent flights, but we ask that you liaise with us before doing so.
SIGN UP AND YOU’LL RECEIVE
- A Prevent Breast Cancer T-shirt (we ask for a small donation to cover its cost)
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- The option to join a Whatsapp group exclusively for Team Prevent Breast Cancer Everest Base Camp trekkers – this is a great way to meet your fellow trekkers and share training tips
HOW FIT DO I NEED TO BE?
If you are used to regular multi day hill walking you will have the right level of fitness to fully enjoy your time on this trek. Previous walking experience is not essential but will help you get the most out of this trip. Non hill walkers must come with a reasonable degree of fitness. Most days involve 5 – 7 hours walking plus plenty of rest stops.
- Accommodation – in hotels and in Teahouses
- Meals -15 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 12 evening meals
- Park fees as appropriate
- All road transfers in country
- Qualified UK group tour leader
- Local guides
- Local trekking staff to assist (Sirdar and porters’)
- Adventure Peaks kitbag. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and for returning customers
- 24hr back-up and support from the Adventure Peaks UK staff
- 15% off the RRP on clothing and equipment purchases from the Adventure Peaks shop
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- International flights (approximately £650-750) unless booked through Adventure Peaks
- Personal equipment
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks and personal spending
- Tips for local staff
- Visas (if required)
- Museum and monument entry fees
- Costs associated with an expedition/trek finishing early, or you leaving an expedition/trek early
- Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather delays or other circumstances including the cost of extra nights accommodation, and if required the helicopter cost to and from Lukla (including a share of the leaders cost)
For full details of the event, please download our Everest Base Camp Trek brochure.
This trip is ran by, and exclusive to, Adventure Peaks, an experienced adventure challenge company.
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer – we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. Unlike many cancer charities, we’re focused on preventing, rather than curing. Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.