Join Prevent Breast Cancer as we take on the last 100km of the iconic Camino de Santiago trail.
We will begin the ancient pilgrim’s route on the coast, at Vigo, and wind our way through the historic Spanish countryside of the Galicia region, towards the UNESCO World Heritage city of Santiago de Compostela.
This is a perfect opportunity for those who are new to charity treks as well as more seasoned walkers. This route follows a mix of flat and undulating countryside and is designed for all range of trekking abilities.
The route will be unguided to give you the flexibility to go at your own pace and appreciate your surroundings in your own time. We will have a Trip Rep who will be on hand for 24/7 support during the walk.
Join Prevent Breast Cancer this year and fundraise towards ground-breaking research to help us predict and prevent breast cancer for future generations.
Event date: 11-17th October 2020
Duration: 7 Days (5 walking)
If you would like join the 2020 Camino Trek please fill in the below interest form and a member of the team will be in touch.
SIGN UP AND YOU’LL RECEIVE
- A Prevent Breast Cancer t-shirt when you hit 50% of your fundraising target
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
- The option to join a Whatsapp group exclusively for Team Prevent Breast Cancer trekkers – this is a great way to meet your fellow walkers and share training tips
There are two ways in which the cost of this trip can be covered. You can either decide to fundraise your trip through sponsorship or self-fund your trip.
We are finalising costs and will send this info in due course. Please fill in our interest form for details.
- Please note that flights are not included in the above cost. We don’t arrange flights for this challenge, enabling you to take advantage of the many competitive fares. As well as giving your trip flexibility, if you would like more time in Santiago.
- The best route to Santiago is via London. Both easy jet and Ryanair fly this route regularly. Please book your flights as soon as possible.
Day 1: Arrive in Vigo
Day 2: Vigo to Rendondela (15km)
Day 4: Redondela to Pontevedra (20 km)
Day 5 – Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis (22 km)
Day 6 – Caldas de Reis to Padrón (20 km)
Day 7 – Padrón to Santiago (24 km)
- Official Compostela Certificates upon arrival in Santiago
- 6 nights accommodation from start to finish
- Luggage transport from Vigo to Santiago de Compostela
- Airport Transfers to and from Santiago airport
- Full board – Breakfast, Picnic lunch, Dinner
- Celebratory meal on the final evening
- Trip Rep offering 24/7 support during the walk, available by phone or WhatsApp, backup vehicle, Spanish speaking & available to lead individuals to hotels following days walk.
- Personal travel insurance
- Drinks, personal items or entry to any optional tourist sites you may wish to visit.
This event is run by Walk the Camino, an experienced travel company.
ABOUT PREVENT BREAST CANCER
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer – we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. Unlike many cancer charities, we’re focused on preventing, rather than curing. Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.