Join Team Prevent Breast Cancer at this year’s Ben Nevis Ascent Weekend!
You can join as an individual or any size group, and if you have a group of 8 or more participants we can offer the challenge exclusively for you on any date of your choice.
Date: Alternate weekends from May until October
Distance: 11 miles
Duration: 8-10 hours
Self-funding: £75 non-refundable deposit payable at the time of booking. The balance of £124 is to be paid no later than 10 weeks prior to the departure date.
Minimum sponsorship pledge: £75 non-refundable deposit payable at the time of booking. Minimum sponsorship amount of £400, 50% of which must be raised no later than 10 weeks prior to the departure date.
Sign up today and you’ll receive:
- A Prevent Breast Cancer T-shirt or running T-shirt / vest (we ask for a donation to cover the cost – £5 for a cotton T-shirt and £10 for a running top)
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in Britain and stands 1344m high, rising from sea level at Loch Linnhe and towering over the town of Fort William. Going from the bottom to the top of the mountain you pass through 4 different vegetation zones. There is snow on the summit for much of the year; indeed it is not uncommon to find 8 feet of snow on the top during April. Every year we run summer ascents of Ben Nevis, led by qualified mountain leaders. Our ascent from the visitor centre avoids the foreboding cliffs seen in the photographs, and follows a walking route that will take approximately 8 – 10 hrs at a steady pace (the key to progress on a mountain is steady pacing and not speed and pause). If you are lucky with the weather then the views from the summit, and even from half way up, are quite stunning. On a good day, you can see all the way to the majestic rock spires of The Isle of Skye and looking the other way, down Loch Linnhe to the Irish Sea. The trip is fully guided by an experienced mountain leader with lots of experience on Ben Nevis!
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Event briefing, route planning and equipment check
- Two nights twin room accommodation with breakfast
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
What’s not included:
- Travel to or from your accommodation
- Evening meals/packed lunches and beverages
- Personal insurance
To do this trip you need to have a reasonable level of fitness. No previous mountaineering experience is required; however, the fitter you are the more you will enjoy your day. The ascent (and descent!) takes 8 – 10 hrs. You will be carrying a daysack and you may encounter inclement weather conditions. We recommend that you follow a fitness plan in preparation for your challenge, an example of one will be sent to you when you have confirmed your booking. Although the fitness plan we will send to you has been devised by a fitness professional, this is only provided as a guide and you should seek professional advice before starting your own fitness regime.