Join Team Prevent Breast Cancer at this year’s 3 Peaks Challenge.
This is an iconic challenge event in the UK and a must do for any would be adventurer – an attempt to climb the highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales in one go. We aim to climb Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon over a 24 hour period.
Date: Any weekend from May until October
Distance: 26 miles total horizontal distance
Duration: 24 hours
Self-funding: £99 non-refundable deposit payable at the time of booking. The balance of £300 is to be paid no later than 10 weeks prior to the departure date.
Minimum sponsorship pledge: £75 non-refundable deposit payable at the time of booking. Minimum sponsorship amount of £650, 50% of which must be raised no later than 10 weeks prior to the departure date.
Sign up today and you’ll receive:
- A Prevent Breast Cancer T-shirt or running T-shirt / vest (we ask for a donation to cover the cost – £5 for a cotton T-shirt and £10 for a running top)
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
Ascent: 3,000 Metres
Ben Nevis Summit: 1,344 Metres
Scafell Pike Summit: 977 Metres
Snowdon Summit: 1,085 Metres
This is a tough event and people participating should have the necessary fitness and also be prepared to do without sleep! We aim to complete the event in 24 hours – To do this we need to complete Ben Nevis in 5 hrs, Scafell Pike in 4 hrs and Snowdon in 4 hrs, however this will depend upon the speed of the group.
- Professional event orgainstion
- Qualified Mountain Leaders who are also qualified first aiders
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick-ups en-route.
- One nights twin room accomodation with breakfast
- Transport between the 3 peaks
- Drop offs between Snowdon and Manchester after the challenge has finished.
What’s not included:
- Travel to and from designated pick up and drop off points
- Evening meals, lunches and beverages
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
To do this trip you need to have a reasonable level of fitness. This is a tiring challenge and even though no mountaineering experience is required you will have to climb three high mountains with little rest in between.