Join Team Prevent Breast Cancer at this year’s 3 Peaks Challenge.
The 3 Peaks Challenge is an iconic event in the UK, and a must do for any would be adventurer – an attempt to climb the highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales in one go.
Date: Any weekend from May until October
Distance: 26 miles total horizontal distance
Duration: 24 hours
Self-funding: £99 non-refundable deposit payable at the time of booking. The balance of £300 is to be paid no later than 10 weeks prior to the departure date.
Minimum sponsorship pledge: £75 non-refundable deposit payable at the time of booking. Minimum sponsorship amount of £650, 50% of which must be raised no later than 10 weeks prior to the departure date.
Sign up today and you’ll receive:
- A Prevent Breast Cancer T-shirt or running T-shirt / vest (we ask for a donation to cover the cost – £5 for a cotton T-shirt and £10 for a running top)
- A fundraising pack; which includes our handy fundraising guide, sponsor forms and other tools to help you with your fundraising
- Support from a dedicated member of our fundraising team
Ascent: 3,000 Metres
Ben Nevis Summit: 1,344 Metres
Scafell Pike Summit: 977 Metres
Snowdon Summit: 1,085 Metres
This is a tough event and people participating should have the necessary fitness and also be prepared to do without sleep! We aim to complete the event in 24 hours – To do this we need to complete Ben Nevis in 5 hrs, Scafell Pike in 4 hrs and Snowdon in 4 hrs, however this will depend upon the speed of the group.
- Professional event orgainstion
- Qualified Mountain Leaders who are also qualified first aiders
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick-ups en-route.
- One nights twin room accomodation with breakfast
- Transport between the 3 peaks
- Drop offs between Snowdon and Manchester after the challenge has finished.
What’s not included:
- Travel to and from designated pick up and drop off points
- Evening meals, lunches and beverages
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
To do this trip you need to have a reasonable level of fitness. This is a tiring challenge and even though no mountaineering experience is required you will have to climb three high mountains with little rest in between.
Prevent Breast Cancer is the only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer – we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. Unlike many cancer charities, we’re focused on preventing, rather than curing. Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts. And being situated at the only breast cancer prevention centre in the UK, we’re right at the front-line in the fight against the disease.
Join us today, and help us create a future free from breast cancer.